Tuesday, May 1, 2012

picture wall

I have a new addiction...it's called Pinterest.  So many interesting and fun projects, I have spent countless hours compiling a long list of future projects.  I have wanted to post photographs on canvas and display them on a wall and when I saw this idea, I knew I had to give it a try.



I decided to try this with my kids.  

I had them write down a list of different emotions which we put in a hat.  Then they took turns posing for pictures while the other one pulled an emotion out of a hat.  The kids really had a great time with this.  Once the pictures were taken, I converted them to black and white and played with the exposure a little in Photoshop.  After that, it was off to get canvases, which I bought at Michael's at a great deal.  The edges were painted black and the pictures were glued and sealed onto the canvas with Mod Podge.  

The results were great and perfect wall art for a blank wall.


a closeup:



No comments:

Post a Comment